Monday, January 25, 2010

Chapter 1: Meeting her....


It was time to go back to my roots....i mean to my home.... I wanted to go back, badly. I knew i was going to miss my hostel, my friends and ofcourse Kalimpong(a beautiful hill station in Darjeeling, at times i feel this place is far better then Darjeeling). For a boy who stayed seven straight years in hostel home coming was something no less then a second rebirth. Now i wanted to be with my cousins, relatives....whoever i share a blood connection. But i still knew i was going to miss my parents. Its going to take them a couple of years more to join us, me and my twin brother. I had to wait anxiously for my board exam results...though i dint expect anything very extra-ordinary....
A bang, here it was out....i just managed to get something that was enough to keep my blood still flow through my veins. Somehow i managed to get into a good school. My house had this little space infront for some future construction incase of any need. I used this space to brood over or peep at girls walking on the street. i never got to see so many Bengali girls when i was at school, if not any of them. Then oneday i saw this girl.... She was tall, dark eyes, little bony & too much shy...oh my god, i must have hated that quality of her so much but sometime i feel that ignorace of her for me made me like her the most. She too saw me then did something that was very unusual among city girls but very much usual in Indian village girls. She hung her head down. I wanted to gaze into her eyes for some more times but then her this typical act ruined all of that. For a moment also she din't look up to see neither me nor even the racing cars rushing so dangerously towards her.And this was all becouse of my presence. "My god, she must be a mad", I just murrered to myself. I turned other directions to see if anyone in my house was following my teenage deeds. Seeing no one watching me, I turned back to look at her. To my surprise she was gone, not to be found anywhere at all. I thought "Was i Dreaming?". Beep...Beep...from the cars. "No, no, i wasnt dreaming at all", I confirmed myself. "But where was she?"That thought was enough to bring a big smile on my face.
Days past and I was not a roadside Romeo to think of that girl again and again. Slowly her face began to fade away from my cerebellum, I suppose. Then suddenly after some good many days, while i was coming out of my house gates, I saw her again and this time she looked even better in her tight fitting dress. But still she looked more decent in that attire then she looked sexy. But one thing was still common, when she saw me staring her, she hunged her head down. But this time I had more purposes. I dint looked into my house to see or avoid anything, I just decided to follow wherever she went. "Why did she hung a bag on her shoulder?", I thought. I think she is a student going for her tutions. And then before I could even make my first step to follow her, she entered the house. My god, she just moved into my immediate neighbour's house. "Does she live there? Or is she a tutioner of my neighbour?", thoughts stared to creep into my already overbudden head.

No comments:

Post a Comment